What is Blockchain and how does it work?
Blockchain gained popularity as the underlying technology behind bitcoin, but today, its application reaches far beyond cryptocurrencies. But what is blockchain and why is it so important to the current technological environment? In this article, Reuters provides a visual guide of blockchain technology and describes how information is recored and stored in the blockchain database.
Key topics include:
- Basic parts of the blockchain database;
- How a record gets included in a blockchain;
- How hash codes keep records safe;
- Why the blockchain database is decentralized; and
- Possible uses of blockchain across multiple industries.
Fill out the form on the right to get a full overview of blockchain technology,